Subject: Re: 2 layer morph problem
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 00:47:17 PDT

Mike Harlock writes:
>The "problem:"
>
>What happens is that the first morph, between the image sequence and the
>white frame, occurs fine.  But the second morph, between the white frame
>and the still picture, refuses to happen.   No matter how I set the
>morph level on the second object, it won't show a morph between it and the
>third object.  So all I see is white from the time the flash happens
>onwards.
>
>I made sure Morph Surfaces is turned on for both morphs, and that the
>envelopes are not backwards.

	AFAIK, morph surfaces ONLY works between the first two objects.

	If this is true, you are hosed using this method.

    Alternate methods:

	1)  Make the image sequence do the flash.  CONS: really a pain to change
	the timings.

	2)  Use dual objects: an overexposed flat and the regular one.  Parent
	the over-exposed one slightly in front of the regular, and use an
	OBJECT DISSOLVE envelope to do the flash.

	3)  Parent a spot light to each object, with radical fall-off, and
	use the light intensity to do the flash.

	4)  Same, but with lens flares.

	5)  Big deal, we're talking, what, 2 frames....?  Paint in the flashes
	by hand.  (Hey, I've done worse....)

>Any suggestions?  The manual says you can 16 layers embedded.

	Just for the geometry, I think.

>      <  \      [email-masked] - Mike Harlock

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\      Or else!         |                                  *
***********************************************************************
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]